The Skin Care Ingredient Handbook Revised & Expanded by Linda Walker
- 606 Pages
- New! Published 2014
Over 2,100 Ingredients including the addition of drug interactions! Keep this book on hand to look up spa product ingredients.
As a Skin Care Specialist, you are up on the latest spa services and trends but do you have a good, working knowledge of ingredients used in your spa products?
Linda Walker has been designing professional skin care products for 25 years. That expertise has been funneled directly into The Skin Care Ingredients Handbook Revised & Expanded Edition, which, in addition to retaining the insight of the first edition, now contains even more of what the working skin care professional needs.
This handbook will help you answer ingredient and product questions from your well-educated, savvy clients and help you sell spa products based on individual needs. A little education goes a long way in boosting your confidence and clinching that extra sale.
The symbols next to each ingredient can easily be matched with the symbols on the bottom of the page which will help in categorizing the ingredient for acne, anti-aging… It's a clever, condensed way for you to find what you need in a hurry.
If you are looking for a current, reliable, easy-to-read science-based ingredients book, this second edition of The Skin Care Ingredients Handbook is a must-have reference. And it's more than just an ingredients book! Add to the ingredients mix a healthy dose of skin science, labeling information, drug interactions, green chemistry and more and now you have even more reason to keep this handbook within reach!
Why should you purchase this NEW edition?
- Addition of new chapter on the topic of Ingredients for Sensitive and Health-Challenged Skins
- Expansion of ingredient glossary listings
- Addition of drug interactions for every single ingredient entry
- Reorganization and expansion of classification ICONS with the ingredient glossary
Addition of 6 new appendices covering the following topics:
- Comedogenic ingredients (Comedogenic ingredients are known to clog pores.)
- Allergen/irritant ingredient listing
- Examples of fragrance listing requirements on over-the-counter (OTC), cosmeceutical, and cosmetic products
- Discussion of standards and certifications for natural, organic, and specialized ingredient categories
- The 12 Principles of Green Chemistry
- Recycling codes for plastics
Table of Contents
Part I: Fundamentals
Chapter 1: Cellular Functions and Skin Aging
Chapter 2: Ingredient Selection:<li
Chapter 3: Skin Care Trends
Chapter 4: Definition of Ingredients and Technologies
Chapter 5: Ingredients for Senstitive and Health-Challenged Skins
Part II: Glossary of Ingredients
Part III: Appendices
Appendix A: FDA Labeling Regulations
Appendix B: Definition of Terms
Appendix C: INCI Listing of Ingredients
Appendix D: Comedogenic Ingredients List
Appendix E: Allergen/Irritant Ingredient List
Appendix F: Examples of Fragrance Listing Requirements for Over-the-Counter, Cosmeceutical, and Cosmetic Products