Ice Cream and Frozen Desserts: A Commercial Guide to Production and Marketing
and Frozen Desserts:
A Commercial Guide to Production and Marketing
by Malcolm Stogo
This book is a one-stop guide to one of the fastest growing sectors of the food industry.
Ice Cream and Frozen Desserts contains an abundance of how-to information, from writing business plans to puchasing equipment, from selecting a location to marketing the product. Additionally, the book includes 500 recipes using the continuous or batch method of production.
Ice Cream and Frozen Desserts covers how to:
- Select the kind of frozen dessert business that's right for you
- Plan, finance, start, and operate a manufacturing or retail frozen dessert business
- Purchase, install, and use ice cream making and serving equipment
- Determine which production method is right for you-continuous or batch
- Market and merchandise your frozen confections
- Manage employees, keep accurate financial records, and maintain sanitary conditions
- Create dozens of delectable types and flavors of frozen desserts
Ice Cream Production: Flavor Ingredients. Ice Cream Mix Production. Sanitary Conditions. Batch Freezing Process. Continuous Freezing Process. Ice Cream Novelties. Bringing Product to Market.
A Retail Frozen Dessert Business: Opening a Retail Frozen Dessert Business. Operating a Retail Frozen Dessert Business. Serving the Customer. Marketing the Retail Frozen Dessert Shop. Soft Serve Products: Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt.
Frozen Dessert Recipes: Ice Cream Flavor Recipes. Italian Gelato. Sorbet and Water Ice. Hardpack Frozen Yogurt. Appendix