COSMETICS : Formulation, manufacturing and Quality Control Fifth Ed., 2014 by P.P. Sharma
COSMETICS : Formulation, manufacturing and Quality Control
Fifth Ed., 2014
by P.P. Sharma
936 Pages , Hardcover
In the Intervening years since the last edition of the Book was published , there have been changes in the regulations. The Indian Standard IS 4707 (Part 2 ) has been revised and many raw materials have been included in the banned list. New Type of cosmetic ie., Cosmetic patches is now available in the Indian market. All these changes necessitated review and updation of the book.
Animal Activitists have been demanding ban on animal testing of Cosmetics for safety the world over.The European union is the first region in the world to ban animal testing of cosmetics. India is also in the process of prohibiting of animal testing of Cosmetics. Therefore a chapter has been added on in vitro testing of cosmetics for safety.
Highlights of the 5th Ed. :
- Several New Chapters Added
- Several new Formulations including those with new Ingredients added
- A Chapter on most recent topic - in Vitro testing of cosmetics in liew of animal testing added
- Essences and Perfumes now form a new part and similarly Toilet soaps form a seperate part
- Text of the book reviewed and revised and revised where necessary
Several New Chapters Added