The Pesticide Manual A Worldwide Compedium- sixteenth edition
The Pesticide Manual 16th edition
A Worldwide Compedium
By BCPC (British Crop Production Council)
Hardback xxii + 1,440pp
Published: November 2012
The Pesticide Manual is internationally regarded as the preferred source of pesticide information. The content of the sixteenth edition has been extensively revised and updated, including EU registration status under the new regulation implemented in 2011.
It offers an unique source of information including:
- verified information supplied by manufacturing companies worldwide.
- full details are for 45 additional synthetic molecules including some still under development.
- 920 main entries plus 710 supplementary short entries.
- the first approvals under the new EU Pesticides legislation (EU1107/2009), which was implemented in June 2011.
- updated company data reflecting continuing industry changes.
The Pesticide Manual is compiled by BCPC to ensure independent and impartial data.
Coverage includes: herbicides, fungicides, insecticides, acaricides, nematicides, plant growth regulators, herbicide safeners, repellants, synergists, pheromones, beneficial microbial and invertebrate agents, rodenticides and ectoparasiticides.
- chemical structure, field of use and class
- nomenclature, including common, IUPAC and Chemical Abstract names, CAS RN, EC number and development code
- physical chemistry
- patent, history and manufacture
- mode of action, biochemistry, uses, formulation type, selected products and mixtures
- information on toxicological reviews and status under EU Regulations 1107/2009
- mammalian toxicology profiles
- ecotoxicology data covering birds, fish and bees
- environmental fate information for animals, plants, soil and the environment