The British Pharmacopoeia (BP) 2024 Set 5 Volumes, Veterinary and Online Access
The British Pharmacopoeia (BP) 2024
Pharmacopoeias that have legal status within the UK are the British Pharmacopoeia (BP), including the BP (Veterinary), and the European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.). The BP provides the only comprehensive collection of authoritative official standards for UK pharmaceutical substances and medicinal products and:
The BP is a vital reference tool for all individuals and organisations involved in pharmaceutical:
- quality control and analysis
What does the BP contain?
The BP includes:
- general notices (providing general information applicable to all texts)
- general monographs (apply to all dosage forms)
- specific monographs providing mandatory standards for:
- active pharmaceutical ingredients
- formulated preparations (licensed and unlicensed products)
- herbal drugs, herbal drug products and herbal medicinal products
- materials for use in the manufacture of homoeopathic preparations
- blood-related products
- immunological products
- radiopharmaceutical preparations
- infrared reference spectra
- supplementary chapters (providing additional guidance)
- comprehensive index
British Pharmacopoeia (Veterinary)
The BP (Veterinary) is published as a companion volume to the British Pharmacopoeia. It contains standards for substances and products used solely in the practice of veterinary medicine in the UK.
The BP (Vet) also incorporates monographs and texts of the European Pharmacopoeia.
The British Pharmacopoeia (BP) 2024 edition, from the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, is the most comprehensive collection of authoritative official standards for UK pharmaceutical substances and medicinal products.
If a pharmaceutical substance or finished product is marketed in a country where the BP is a legal standard, it must comply with the requirements of the BP throughout its shelf life.
Make sure you’re prepared for any new legally enforced changes on the 1st January 2024 and order your copy of BP 2024 edition.
In addition to all European Pharmacopoeia and BP Veterinary texts being included, the new BP 2024 edition also features:
Monographs and BPCRS:
- 27 new BP monographs, 17 new Ph. Eur. monographs.
- 93 amended BP monographs.
- all monographs from the Ph. Eur. 11th edition and Ph. Eur. supplements 11.1 and 11.2.
- Ph. Eur. supplements 11.3 to 11.5 included as in-year online and download product updates.
- updated references to new BPCRS included in the BP 2024 to ensure that you remain compliant
Analytical Quality by Design (AQbD) guidance for selected monographs provides additional method understanding and a greater assurance of the analytical procedures used to uphold product quality throughout the product’s lifecycle.
The Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMP) Flow Cytometry and Vector Copy Number best practice guidance texts offer a practical and phase appropriate validation tool to help your cell therapy programme succeed.