The British Pharmacopoeia (BP) 2022
Available from 1 August 2021 | Effective from 1 January 2022 | Superseding the BP 2021
The BP 2022 complete package
The British Pharmacopoeia (BP) 2022 is the most comprehensive collection of authoritative official standards for UK pharmaceutical substances and medicinal products. It includes around 4,000 monographs including the BP (Veterinary) and all European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.) monographs, making the BP a convenient and fully comprehensive set of standards that can be used across Europe and beyond.
Why use the BP?
If a pharmaceutical substance or finished product is marketed in a country where the BP is a legal standard, it must comply with the requirements of the BP throughout its shelf life.
In addition to all European Pharmacopoeia texts being included, the new edition also features:
Monographs and content updates:
- 25 new BP monographs, 38 new Ph. Eur. monographs.
- 133 amended BP monographs.
- All monographs from the Ph. Eur. 10th edition as amended by Supplements 10.1 to 10.5 are included.
- Ph. Eur. supplements 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8 included as in-year online and download product updates.
- We're releasing new BPCRS to coincide with the new and revised monographs in the BP 2022. This means you can order the new chemical reference standards alongside the BP 2022 - helping you comply with the new standards from January 2022.