The British Pharmacopoeia (BP) 2021 Complete Set
Available from 1 August 2020 | Effective from 1 January 2021 | Superseding the BP 2020
The British Pharmacopoeia (BP) 2021 is the most comprehensive collection of authoritative official standards for UK pharmaceutical substances and medicinal products. It includes around 4,000 monographs including the BP (Veterinary) and all European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.) monographs, making the BP a convenient and fully comprehensive set of standards that can be used across Europe and beyond.
The BP is a vital reference tool for all individuals and organisations involved in pharmaceutical:
- quality control and analysis
What does the BP contain?
The BP includes:
- general notices (providing general information applicable to all texts)
- general monographs (apply to all dosage forms)
- specific monographs providing mandatory standards for:
- active pharmaceutical ingredients
- formulated preparations (licensed and unlicensed products)
- herbal drugs, herbal drug products and herbal medicinal products
- materials for use in the manufacture of homoeopathic preparations
- blood-related products
- immunological products
- radiopharmaceutical preparations
- infrared reference spectra
- supplementary chapters (providing additional guidance)
- comprehensive index
British Pharmacopoeia (Veterinary)
The BP (Veterinary) is published as a companion volume to the British Pharmacopoeia. It contains standards for substances and products used solely in the practice of veterinary medicine in the UK.
The BP (Vet) also incorporates monographs and texts of the European Pharmacopoeia.
Why use the BP?
If a pharmaceutical substance or finished product is marketed in a country where the BP is a legal standard, it must comply with the requirements of the BP throughout its shelf life.
The BP 2021 complete package