Perilla: The Genus Perilla
Special Indian Reprint !!
The Genus Perilla
edited by Kenichi Kosuna,
Megumi Haga and He-ci Yu
Perilla: The Genus Perilla includes review articles describing the cultivation, traditional and modern applications, the chemical, pharmacological, medical and clinical studies of this plant and its active compounds. The cell culture of Perilla, the genetic control of the plant, and the isolation and structural elucidation of a number of its active compounds such as terpenoids, phenolics, glycosides, flavonoids and anthocyanins are also discussed.
This volume reflects the use of Perilla seed oil, which contains a high degree of a-linolenic acid (n-3 fatty acid) an essential fatty acid in human nutrition and beneficial in the treatment of disease. Special focus is given to the recent development in the preparation and application of Perilla leaf extract for the treatment of allergies.
This comprehensive treatment of Perilla should be of interest to everyone involved in medicinal and aromatic plant research.
- Cultivation of Perilla
- Cell and Tissue Cultures of Perilla
- Applications and Prescriptions of Perilla in Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Anti-inflammatory and Antiallergic Activities of Perilla Extracts
- Perilla and the Treatment of Allergy: A Review
- A Clinical Investigation of Perilla Extract Cream for Atopic Dermatitis
- The Development and Application of Perilla Extract as an Anti-Allergic Substance
- Lipid Composition and Nutritional and Physiological Roles of Perilla Seed and its Oil
- Chemical Studies on the Constituents of Perilla frutescens
- Chemotypes and Pharmacological Activities of Perilla
- Molecular Biology in Perilla frutescens: Isolation of Specifically Expressed Genes in Chemotypes
- The Chemistry and Applications of Anthocyanins and Flavones from Perilla Leaves
- Anthocyanins from Perilla