Extraction Techniques in Analytical Sciences by John R. Dean
Extraction Techniques in Analytical Sciences
by John R. Dean
The topics covered include:
- Initial steps for solid, aqueous and air sampling.
- Extraction techniques for aqueous samples, including LLE, purge and trap, SPE, SPME, SBSE, SDME, membrane microextraction and MPES.
- Extraction techniques for solid samples, including Soxhlet, 'Soxtec', Shake-flask, sonication, PFE, MAE, SFE and MSPD.
- Extraction techniques for air sampling, including whole air, enrichment approaches and desorption techniques.
- Pre-concentration approaches for post-extraction.
- Practical aspects for chromatographic analysis (GC and HPLC) of organic compounds.
- Quality assurance aspects of analysis.
- Health and safety considerations.
Key features include:
- Up-to-date information on the latest development in extraction techniques for organic compounds in environmental and food matrices.
- Ideal for use as a self-study guide, as the basis of a taught course or guided reading for new 'early-career' researchers.
- Includes a guide for the reader to other sources of information.
Extraction Techniques in Analytical Sciences is suitable for undergraduate and postgraduate students, as well as providing an invaluable starting point for individuals undertaking applied research in the fields of analytical, bioanalytical, environmental and food sciences.
The Analytical Techniques in the Sciences series of books provides coverage of all of the major analytical techniques and their application in the most important areas of physical, life and materials science. Each text is presented in an open learning/distance learning style, in which the learning objectives are clearly identified. the reader's understanding of the material is constantly evaluated by the use of self-assessment and discussion questions.
Acronyms, Abbreviations and Symbols.
About the Author.
1 Pre and Post-Extraction Considerations.
2 Classical Approaches for Aqueous Extraction.
3 Solid Phase Extraction.
4 Solid Phase Microextraction.
5 New Developments in Microextraction.
6 Classical Approaches for Solid-Liquid Extraction.
7 Pressurized Fluid Extraction.
8 Microwave-Assisted Extraction.
9 Matrix Solid Phase Dispersion.
10 Supercritical Fluid Extraction.
11 Air Sampling.
COMPARISON OF EXTRACTION METHODS.
12 Comparison of Extraction Methods.
13 Resources for Extraction Techniques.
Responses to Self-Assessment Questions.
Glossary of Terms.
SI Units and Physical Constants.
50 and More Essential NMR Experi...
Analysis of Cosmetic Products E...
Analysis of Food Toxins and Toxi...
Analysis of Foods and Beverages ...
Analysis of Pesticides in Food a...
- Architecture & Construction Management Books
- Biochemistry, Bioengineering and Biotechnology Books
- Books on Analytical Techniques, GC MS, LC, TLC, HPLC, NMR Spectroscopy
- Books on Water and Wastewater Treatment, Analysis Water Treatment Plants
- Chemical Technology, Organic Chemistry, Chemical Synthesis and Chemical Analysis Books
- Cosmetics Science, Cosmetics Formulations, Manufacture and their Analysis Books
- Drugs and Pharma Science Books
- Essential Oils, their Analysis, Natural Products Extraction, Distillation , Isolates Related Books
- Flavor Science, Flavor Analysis, Flavor Creation, Food Flavors Books
- Food Science and Technology, Baking , Food Ingredients , Food Quality , Food Regulations
- Formulations of Perfumes for Agarbatti, Air Freshners, Soaps & Detergents, Fabric Softeners , French style Perfumes, Attars , OUD, Fine Fragrances
- Fragrances, Scents, Attars , Perfumery and Aroma Chemicals Books
- Herbal, Ayurvedic, Medicinal Plants and Aromatic Plants Books
- Law Books
- Major Reference Works (MRWS) Sets - MultiVolume Sets
- Medical Books
- Medical Journals Wolters Kluwer | Medknow India
- NEW ARRIVALS
- Perfumer's Resources
- Special Indian Reprint !
- VILLAGE COTTAGE : Scents and Soaps - Luxury Bathing Soaps