Essential Oils Analysis by Capillary Gas Chromatography and Carbon 13 NMR Spectroscopy Second Edition
by Capillary Gas Chromatography and Carbon 13 NMR Spectroscopy
by Karl-Heinz Kubeczka
This reference book clearly demonstrates the power of the technique in the characterization of essential oils, based on 60 sample oils chosen for their industrial importance together with the 188 carbon-13 NMR spectra of significant components. Supporting data are presented using capillary gas chromatography.
- 18 new essential oils are included, five oils are replaced and five oils with less or little importance are deleted
- Revision of numerous analyses taken over from the 1st edition
- Capillary gas chromatograms of 60 commercially important essential oils
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical results of those essential oils
- Carbon-13 NMR analyses of those essential oils without separation of their components
- Carbon-13 NMR spectra of 188 most important oil constituents are given (67 are new in the 2nd edition)
This collection of 13C NMR and GC data is aimed at essential oils and natural products chemists, NMR research groups, university departments of chemistry, pharmacy, botany, and food science, as well as those working in the essential oils, perfumes, flavours and food technology industries.
Part I: Essential Oils
Angelica seed oil.
Anise seed oil.
Celery seed oil.
Dill seed oil.
Juniper berry oil.
Litsea cubea oil.
sweet. Parsley seed oil.
Pine needle oil.
Sage clary oil.
Spike lavender oil.
Star anise oil.
Part II: Reference Compounds