Dermatological and Transdermal Formulations edited by Kenneth A. Walters
SPECIAL INDIAN REPRINT !
Dermatological and Transdermal Formulations
edited by Kenneth A. Walters
Contains current American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists/Food and Drug Administration (AAPS/FDA) guidelines for the experimentation and analysis of in vivo and in vitro percutaneous absorption!
This up-to-the-minute reference provides comprehensive coverage of the latest advances in the development, preparation, and application of topical and transdermal therapeutic systems—exploring the biochemistry and treatment of various skin diseases as well as the structure and function of the skin, adverse dermal responses to drug formulations, mechanisms of drug transport through barrier membranes, and methods for measuring and modulating percutaneous permeation.
Offers contemporary discussions on the bioequivalence of dermatological and transdermal dosage forms!
Dermatological and Transdermal Formulations covers:
- recent modalities for the management of psoriasis, hyperkeratosis, and acne
- the enhancement and retardation of skin penetration and permeation
- formulation strategies
- clinical use of transdermal drug delivery systems for motion sickness, hypertension, angina, postmenopausal therapy, male hypogonadism, pain relief, and smoking cessation
- modern usage of cultured skin membranes for the study of irritation and toxic response to emerging materials
- scale-up of dermatological dosage forms
- the improvement of drug delivery systems with super-saturated solutions, liposomes, and niosomes
With more than 1800 useful references and 350 illustrations, tables, and equations,Dermatological and Transdermal Formulations is an essential source for cosmetic and pharmaceutical scientists, dermatologists, toxicologists, agrochemists, regulatory agency personnel, and upper-level undergraduate and graduate students in these disciplines.
- The Structure and Function of Skin
- Common Skin Disorders and Their Topical Treatment
- Basic Mathematical Principles in Skin Permeation
- Skin Transport
- Methods for Studying Percutaneous Absorption
- Formulation Strategies for Modulating Skin Permeation
- Dermatological Formulation and Transdermal Systems
- Bioavailability and Bioequivalence of Dermatological Formulations
- Scale-up of Dermatological Dosage Forms: A Case for Multivariate Optimization and Product Homogeneity
- Safety Considerations for Dermal and Transdermal Formulations
- Transdermal Delivery and Cutaneous Reactions