British Pharmacopoeia (BP) 2020 six-volume printed edition and online acess licence
The British Pharmacopoeia Commission Secretariat of the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
Publisher: TSO (The Stationery Office)
New, legally enforced standards, available from 1 August 2019. All European Pharmacopoeia texts included.
Updated annually, the British Pharmacopoeia (BP) is the only comprehensive collection of authoritative official standards for UK pharmaceutical substances and medicinal products.
It includes approximately 4,000 monographs which are legally enforced by the Human Medicines Regulations 2012. Where a BP monograph exists, medicinal products or active pharmaceutical ingredients sold or supplied in the UK must comply with the relevant monograph.
All monographs and requirements of the European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.) are reproduced in the BP, making the BP a convenient and fully comprehensive set of standards that can be used across Europe and beyond.
New for the BP 2020
The BP 2020 supersedes the BP 2019 and becomes legally effective on 1 January 2020. This edition incorporates new monographs from both the BP and Ph. Eur. along with a significant number of revised monographs.
- 35 new BP monographs, 40 new Ph. Eur. monographs
- 331 amended BP monographs
- All monographs from the Ph. Eur. 9th Edition and Supplements 9.1 to 9.8 included
- Ph. Eur. 10th edition, plus supplements 10.1 and 10.2 included as in-year online and download product updates
- New Timeline Functionality (opens in new window) and cleaner design helps you find the information you need more effectively. Easily see updates, withdrawals and omissions of monographs. Archive subscribers can now identify all previous editions of BP and Ph. Eur., through the improved navigation.
- We're releasing 16 new BPCRS to coincide with the new and revised monographs in the BP 2020. This means that you can order the new chemical reference standards alongside the BP 2020 - helping you comply with the new standards by January 2020.